Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire : Vacancy
Educator for Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire
Geographical area/region: Nottingham/Nottinghamshire
Salary range (pro rata): Year 1: £19,500 to £24,000
Hours 28 per week
Coram Life Education is a national charity that supports schools’ Wellbeing and PSHE education. We use dynamic teaching strategies (including drama) and resources within a framework of a fully developed whole-school approach to behaviour, safety and achievement, which also includes a comprehensive online PSHE scheme of work, to support schools’ Wellbeing and PSHE education for children aged 3-14 (SCARF). Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire works under licence to Coram Life Education to use and sell their resources. This includes the cross curricular spiral curriculum of 7 primary school workshops in LifeSpace (formerly the mobile classroom) or Life Base as well as a number of other targeted topics such as RSE and bCyberwise. In Nottinghamshire we also deliver Family Learning to take this essential curriculum to the parents and carers.
Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire is seeking to appoint and train an active, outgoing and enthusiastic educator, travelling to schools throughout Nottinghamshire, occasionally, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire if current restrictions allow, or delivering online from home.
This is a permanent Four Day Post. You will have:
- primary-age teaching qualifications/experience, knowledge and proven skills in Wellbeing and PSHE
- the confidence and ability to work closely with teachers (as well as children) to ensure they fully embed our work within their wider provision, encouraging a whole school, cross curricular approach
- the ability and willingness to travel to schools throughout the region at the times necessary
- the ability and willingness to undertake induction training (3 months, full-time) facilitated by Coram Life Education and ongoing periodic training.
- an awareness of and commitment to Equality and Diversity principles and practice
This is an active role involving gentle movement and carrying of lightweight equipment.
The successful candidate may be required to transport, set-up and pack away the LifeSpace, which will involve transporting 2 large bags with wheels weighing circa 18kg each when appropriate to use. (Due to current restrictions because of Covid-19, this delivery option has been suspended until further notice.)
The successful candidate will be supported by a strong team, whilst at the same time working from home.
Closing date and time: 9p.m. 30th November 2021
Interview date and venue: Monday 8th December 2021
Starting date: April 2022 or Subject to negotiation
Contact Stephen Kitch on email: email@example.com
Please find below further details and an application form:Educator_Job_Description (24.9 KiB)Educator Job Description
Person_Specification (22.5 KiB)Person Specification
Life_Education_Educator_Application_Form (27.3 KiB)Application Form
Visit www.coramlifeeducation.org.uk to find out more about our work.