New Trustees Needed …
Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire has registered with Reach Volunteering to look for new Trustees with PR and Marketing Skills to join this specialist charity provider of high quality health, well-being and drug prevention education working with primary schools across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
To find out more about Life Education Centre Nottinghamshire, the role of the Trustee and how to apply, please click on the following Reach link:
Can you help us with Funding…
Life Education Centre’s work is very important in addressing the health issues facing our children and society today. Young people are often surrounded by images and pressures that may encourage them to try both legal and illegal drugs. The work we deliver in schools gives children the knowledge, skills and attitudes to empower them to resist negative peer pressure and to make positive healthy choices.
Our visits are financed through contributions from the schools and often other agencies within their area, e.g. the local Rotary club.
However, even with these generous contributions and support our costs are not fully covered.
If you or your company would like to help you can do so by:
- making a direct donation
- hosting a fundraising event.
- encouraging your Parish or Town Council to make a contribution towards the cost of the visit to a school in your area.
- in kind giving – vehicle /electrical maintainance skills , spare parts for classrooms/ resources for classrooms e.g. a new Harold
- sponsoring a particular activity/ workshop in school, e.g. bCyberwise workshops for anti-bullying week or a whole school visit for a schools health week
- Sponsoring a school in your area.
For more information on how to help or how to make a donation please contact Bill Banner. email@example.com
Want to help by volunteering…
Although our programmes are delivered in schools by highly trained professionals, the Charity has an on-going need for volunteers. The volunteers provide the essential background support necessary to maintain the smooth running of the charity.
Some of the volunteer jobs we need are:
- Project and contract management.
- Administrative duties: Routine administrative work; Raising awareness of our work; liaising/contacting schools in your locality.
- Accountancy/budgeting skills: Support for the Treasurer; Preparing fundraising applications; supporting schools in locality to obtain funds through local parish etc.
- Drivers: The towing of mobile classrooms between schools using one of our Land Rovers.
- General maintenance: The maintenance of our towing vehicles and mobile classrooms, electrics, health and safety maintenance.
- Social media participation.
- Public Relations support.
If you feel able to support us in any way or would like more information about volunteering, please contact Tony Gamble. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all the following Rotary clubs who have supported us over the past 21 years:
Thank you to all of the following for their support since 2004:
To find out what teachers and pupils think of our work please view our “School, Teacher and Pupil Evaluation” reports.LECN_Evaluation_Report_2014_15.doc (623.0 KiB)Teacher and pupil evaluation of LECN mobile classroom delivery and programmes 2014-15
LECN__Evaluation_Report_2013_141.doc (633.5 KiB)Teacher and pupil evaluation of LECN mobile classroom delivery and programmes. 2013-14
LECN Accounts 2016-2017 (292.7 KiB)LECN Accounts 2016-2017
LECN_Accounts_2017-2018 (175.1 KiB)LECN_Accounts_2017-2018
LEC_Job_Des_Fundraiser.doc (53.0 KiB)
The following are job descriptions for just a few of the Volunteer roles.
LEC_Job_Des_Liaison_Officer_Primary_Notts.doc (52.5 KiB)
LEC_Job_Des_Public_Relations.doc (52.0 KiB)